Timothy S. Acord, D.D.S.
Dr. Acord is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. A native of Staunton, Virginia, he received a Bachelor of Science from James Madison University in Harrisonburg. In 2004, he earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery at the University of Maryland Dental School in Baltimore. After dental school, Dr. Acord completed a four-year residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Christiana Care Health Systems in Wilmington, Delaware. He has been practicing oral and maxillofacial surgery in Louisville since 2008 and formed Commonwealth Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2015.
Dr. Acord holds medical staff privileges at the following hospitals: Norton Children’s Hospital, Norton Children’s Medical Center, Norton Brownsboro Hospital, and Premier Surgery Center of Louisville. Dr. Acord’s professional interests include wisdom tooth removal, dental implant surgery, office-based anesthesia, oral pathology, and facial trauma. When away from the office, he enjoys running, traveling, and spending time with this dogs.
- Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude – James Madison University, 1999
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, magna cum laude – Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, 2004
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency – Christiana Care Health Systems, 2008
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, Medical Advisory Board, Kentucky State Boxing and Wrestling Commission
- Kentucky Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Louisville Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Foundation
- Southeastern Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- Kentucky Dental Association
- Louisville Dental Society
- Kentucky Medical Association
- Greater Louisville Medical Society